Monday 16 January 2017

The second hatching of Snakemen this year.

Quick update this week.

Over the last week and half I have managed to paint up another half dozen Snakemen. I am really enjoying painting them with their new more colourfully individualistic look. I also converted a Snakeman into a standard bearer.

Apart from Snakemen, I have been paint stripping and tinkering with 40k Squats and came up with an idea for alternative bikers. The 40k Squats won't be started until the Snakemen have been finished. I have also been picking up a mixture of odds and ends from e-bay/Oldhammer Trading site, from 1980's Lord of the Rings Uruk-Hai and Orcs, to the odd AD&D Githyanki!

However I shall not get too distracted, so the Snakemen will be the focus. I have 26 to paint, having already painted 19. I also have a few oddments such as Human Cultists and a Harpy to paint as well. 

Enjoy :)
Six more Snakemen.
S'lararet Splintered Fang. 
I have painted him up as a unit leader by adding runes on his shield and on the black bladed sword. 

Incedently, I have been referring to all the Snakemen as 'he'. However I am sure that some of the Snake'men' may just as well be Snake'women'. I will refer to them as 'he' for the sake of grammatical ease, but assume there may be a mix. I'm not sure how to 'sex' a Snakemen, but I am pretty sure even asking them, let alone any other method, may be fraught with danger! :)
S'Sirron Fangthrane. 
With a slight Chaos Tzeentch or Slaanesh vibe I painted him up purple. I am not sure if there are any purple Snakes in the world, but this is the Warhammer World.
Another S'lararet Splintered Fang.
Unlike the other Snakemen, I have given him a slightly Khornate look with the red shield and bits of armour.  The army won't be Khornate, but it's nice to add a different dash of colour.
Higgat Dwarf Slicer. 
I slightly bent the tail to give the impression he is slithering around the skull. 
I painted the face on the breastplate blue to look like a Troll.
Another S'Sirron Fangthrane, this time in a more straight forward green, based on innumerable real world Snake colourations.
Sarannth Elf Mangler.
 I have painted him up in a stipey paint scheme taken from Jean-Baptiste's Snakemen here:
http://leadplague.blogspot.co.uk/2013/05/chaos-snakemen-chaos-battle-part-15.html
 Right hand side of the above Sarannth Elf Mangler.
S'Sirron Fangthrane conversion.
I have converted him into a standard bearer by removing his double handed axe, and drilling though the hands, and adding a piece of bass rod for the shaft. The standard is a slightly trimmed standard from GW's current Grave Guard plastic box set. 
I was tinkering with 40k Squat miniatures when I hit upon the idea that I could mount my spare bikers on Citadel's limited release Space Marine Riding Lizards.
I have been wondering what to do with the Lizards for a while. As I have 10, I will use 8 of them as alternative Squat bikers. I think they fit very well and look great. I will conduct some minor conversions such as re-postioning the Squars arms, adding reins, and slight re-postioning of the Lizards heads and legs. I'll rebase then too.

Next update will be yet more Snakemen!

No comments:

Post a Comment