Wednesday 31 August 2022

New edition horus heresy thousand sons.

 First of all,  this is a bit of an ad hoc blog update.  My nieghbours house was struck by lightning (they are ok)but this has shorted out the phone lines and internet.  As a consequence,  I am updating my blog via my phone!

Anyway , I have been busy.  I have caught the 2nd edition horus heresy bug (not in the same way as the death guard you understand!), and I have started a Thousand Sons force. 

I love the new miniatures for the horus heresy, and so thought it would be great fun to paint something contemporary. I chose the Thousand Sons as I like their tragic backstory, the paint scheme looks great.

I will do a proper update when I have my internet up and running,  but for now this s is just a little preview.  In addition I have also been revisiting my Praetorian army.

Enjoy 🙂






6 comments:

  1. Hope you get everything sorted soon Lee, and good that all are safe and well.
    Like the look of your Thousand Sons, the colours look great, and I guess you'll have lots of fun on the sorcerer models.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry for the delay in replying, I finally had my internet and phone restored yesterday (from the 25th August).
      I am enjoying painting something new. I am so far using the Sorcerer from the Rubic Marines box set, and a converted miniature from the Betrayal at Calth box set.

      Delete
  2. We are happy to see this new interest and the start of a new project, albeit in a temporary emergency situation.
    We know very little about the Horus Heresy, so we will follow your posts. What are the main changes in this second edition?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry for the delay in replying, I finally had my internet and phone restored yesterday (from the 25th August).
      I have been busy painting, so there will be several posts soon. I am sorry but I have no idea about the changes as I never played the 1st Edition of Horus Heresy. As far as I can gather from forums, the Psychic Powers are a lot more dangerous, especially for the Thousand Sons. There are also less core tank options, so it's been a little more streamlined.

      Delete
  3. Oh, nice choice and even nicer work. But beware, you can see the Emperor is watching and has started throwing advisory lightnings...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry for the delay in replying, I finally had my internet and phone restored yesterday (from the 25th August).
      Thank you.
      I'll keep an eye out for the Emperor, but what's the worse that can happen? ...

      Delete