Tuesday 31 March 2020

Middle-aged 'Snow White'.

"I used to be Snow White, but I drifted"-May West.

So Imagine that the Fairytale ending did'nt quite go according to plan. The Prince turned out to be dull or something, or perhaps they just got bored when the magic wore off? So, in middle-age, a little plumper, a little grey-er, and a little wiser,  'Snow White' decided to return to the mountains and catch up with some old contacts in the Dwarf community.

In truth, I had a spare 'FS44-2 Seductive Wench' from Citadels early 1980's Fantasy Series-Fantasy Specials range. So, I painted her up as an older version of Snow White. I plan to use her as the Contingent Commander for a Dwarf Ally or Mercenary Contingent for one of my 3rd Edition Warhammer Fantasy Armies.

Enjoy :)
 Front view.
I gave her a slightly more flushed look to her face, and slightly greying hair.
Rear view, with dagger, or fruit knife, for cutting rosy red apples!


Next update will probably be a Dragon as I have been meaning to paint one for a while.

12 comments:

  1. Great idea.... Well done.
    Cheers Mike

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I was wondering what to do with her and thought this would be fun.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you, she was fun to paint and will be useful as an alternative Dwarf Contingent commander. It was the May West quote which got me thinking about the idea.

      Delete
  3. Great work Lee, certainly brought a smile to my face seeing this model

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I wanted do her justice with an interesting and fun paint scheme, rather than something more straight forward. .

      Delete
  4. Once again great stuff! Made me smile :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I wanted a more light hearted paint scheme, and thuogh tthis would be perfect for her, and allow her to be useful as a 'Dwarf' Commanderess as well.

      Delete
  5. Haha, pure genius, I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can't wait to see the contingent she commands! Lovely work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I might just convert up a few of the Dwarfs to fit the theme, perhaps with her leading a contingent of Mercenary Dwarf Sappers?

      Delete
  7. I missed this first time round, pure genius !

    ReplyDelete