Sunday 29 September 2013

15,000 Views! and Snakemen.

As of this evening I have received 15,303 views since April this year!

Thank you for everyone who has taken an interest in the blog :)

I have had a bit of another busy week, hence the small and late blog update today. However, I have managed to finish painting the Snakemen. As those of you who have read my blog before may recall, the Snakemen are to be used as a proxy for a Fimir ally contingent in my 3rd Edition Dark Elf Army.
 I have yet to rewrite the army list to include them, so will update the blog with that soon. I have already painted several of the Dark Elves, so the army is nearing completion.

The contingent consists of 16 Snakemen, divided up into two regiments of 8 'Fimm Warriors', and 7 'Fianna Fimm' with a 'Fimm Warlord' as the regimental leader. I painted them up in a green flesh colour (well, scales!), as, after trying a couple of other colours, I thought green was a better base for the rest of the colours of the equipment. I went for golden bronze armour to offset the green and becuase it looks unusual, and blue and red for the two different regiments.

They were a joy to paint, and are lovely miniatures. 

I have included several photographs of the Snakemen, as well as a few photographs of a couple of random things.

Enjoy :)
The ally contingent.
 Eight Warriors of the 'Fimm'.
 The first of the C27 Snakemen, S'lararet Slintered Fang.
 Rear view
 The side view of the armour, showing the skull faced shoulder armour.
 Higgat Dwarf Slicer. 
I love the breastplate in the shape of a fanged face.
 Rear view showing the shield.
 I had two broken Snakemen.
 The first of them was missing the sword, and so I converted him into the unit leader by giving him a mace.
 The second was also missing his sword, and so gave him one from the Skeleton Horde box set.
 The second regiment, the 'Fianna Fimm' with the 'Fimm Warlord'.
 Saranth Elf Mangler.
 Left hand side.
 Rear view.
 S'Sirron Fanthrane.
 Rear view.
 Another Higgat Dwarf Slicer, this time in red.
 The contingent leader, S'lon Life Smasher. 
I only have one of him, so thought he fitted the role of contingent leader very well.
 Rear view.
 Shield side view.
 Drunks!!
After posting the Orc Villagers last time, thought I would photograph the different one piece castings of  drunken 'pairs'.
 The Orc 5 Villager Drunks, and the FTG 10 Drunken Great Goblin/Gnolls.
 Drunken Snotlings. 
I also have the ones laying down drunk, but could not get a clear photo of them whilst they are unpainted.
 The Iron Claw Booze Brothers. 
Two drunken Dwarves sculpted by Bob Olley.
I like the Owl, a nice, almost Arthur Rackman, touch, and also suggesting that they are drinking long into the night!
 Rear view. 
 Moggy.
I think this is the cat from the Citadel FS Fantasy Specials range, FS33 Witches items. 
The cat is tiny! In the photograph, it is resting on a 20mm base. 


Hopefully I will be able to do an update during this coming week, maybe on the new Dark Elf army list.

10 comments:

  1. Great unit of Snakemen! Like the gold and green combination. I have a few of the cats and it's colleagues from the same series but I thought they were C22 wizards familiars. You could be right about the FS33 though. Thx/Hans

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I am glad at how the Snakemen finally looked.
      I wondered if the cat was a C22 familar, but there were no cats in the catalogue picture. It's more of a guess as someone once mentioned to me that the cat was from the Citadel FS Fantasy Specials range.
      It's a nicely detailed tiny miniature :) .

      Delete
  2. Great Stuff! Feel like I've been away forever and missed everything...I've always loved the big, beefy Citadel Snakemen. I've got a few I've shanghied into my Chaos Beastmen regiments. Great painting, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Snakemen in a Beastman unit sounds good idea, adds an extra bulk to a regiment.

      Delete
  3. Fantastic snakemen! I keep scouring ebay for some, but they seem to go for more than what I want to spend! Must be you buying them all up!!! ;)

    Hope your well. Would be good to try and meet up sometime!?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, I'm done collecting Snakemen now, so they are all yours!

      Might have to meet up sometime in the future :)

      Delete
  4. Very good Lee, The gold armour them is working really greta and it even gives a remote roman feeling on the red unit (which enhances the martial vibe). Well done.

    Congrats on the 15k, still more than deserved !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you,
      I thought the gold armour would make them look slighlty different. Never thought of them as Roman, cool idea.:)
      The small amount of red does give them that extra martial feel, without it being too over the top.

      Delete
  5. Congrats on the views - you just have to look around your blog to see the reason for that!

    Loving the snakemen and great colour combo as has been mentioned.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I'm glad that the blog has generated a lot of interest. :)

      Delete